Facts and Figures

Facts and Figures about Morocco

Facts and Figures about Morocco

I would like to know even more about Morocco and its friendly and cozy individuals. Allow us to have a look at some fascinating truths and figures about this fascinating country.

Morocco is a stunning kingdom strategically situated between Europe and Africa. The nation has faced numerous challenges. With the inauguration of King Mohammed VI in 1999, the country has actually turned a brand new chapter of growth in both financial and political liberalization.

The last couple of years have been reasonably secure, with the federal government taking initiatives to bring professionalism and reliability to all its divisions.

Let us take a look at the essential facts and figures about the country.

General details: population

The capital of Morocco is Rabat, a beautiful city located at the mouth of the river Bou Regreg. It is the second-most important city after Casablanca. The population of Morocco, according to 2016 estimates, had to do with 34.272.968, with an anticipated development rate of 1.50%.

They make up 99% of the populace, while other teams like the Spaniards, French, Algerians, and a couple of others make up the remaining 1%. The population is erratically spread out over the country. That can be seen in the population of the five major cities in Morocco. Rabat has a population of 1.623.000 residents, according to 2014 numbers. Casablanca has 5.118.000 citizens, Fez 1.120.000, Marrakech 928.000, and Tangier 948.000.

Data about languages

The official language is Arabic, and other languages being used throughout the nation are Derija (which is Moroccan Arabic) and the Berber languages. You can also locate French being used as the second language as a French protectorate existed over the country at some point.

Concerning 98% of the populace, they believe in Islam. There is about 1% that counts on Christianity, while others without any such associations are continuing to be 1%.


It is a parliamentary absolute monarchy that exists here, where the Prime Minister of Morocco is the head of government. Executive powers are vested in Parliament. There is a setting up of representatives of Morocco and a setting up of councilors.

The King is permitted to end the tenure of the priests and can even dissolve the Parliament in consultation with the heads of higher as well as lower assemblies. King Mohammed VI assumed the throne in July 1999 after the death of his father, King Hassan II, who ruled for 38 years.

2021 elections.

After the 2021 political elections, Aziz Akhannouch became the Prime Minister of the country and headed a coalition.

Economic situation.

The currency in operation is the dirham. The financial growth of the country has actually been quite steady for the last few years. The GDP for 1016 in US dollars was $101 billion, and the GDP per capita in US dollars was $7.680 in 2015.

The development can mainly be credited to the enhancement of agricultural fruit and vegetables. GDP growth in agriculture, forestry, and fishing was 15.7%, in services it was 56.5%, and various other sectors contributed 27.8%. This has led to a total renovation of the economy.

45% of the population is associated with agriculture, forestry, and fishing. About 20% goes into the sector, while about 26% is associated with services. There is a jobless rate of 9.7 percent.

King Mohammad VI is trying to boost the economic climate of Morocco with his Vision 2020, and the Azur Plan has actually given a big boost to the property field. The overall nation of Morocco, its environment, its society, its inventions, and so on, are rich and make it a great visitor destination.