The Ben Youssef Madrassa
The Ben Youssef Madrassa, much better called the Koranic School, was built in 1565 under the orders of Sultan Abdellah Al Ghalib of the Saadian dynasty.
Throughout this duration, the monument housed Moroccan trainees from different disciplines, especially theology.
The madrassa had more than 900 pupils, including more than 100 foreigners. With a big pond as well as a prayer space, the college was richly decorated.
flower patterns, marble work, cedar decors, and so on, that are still possible to admire today.
The site was restored during the 1950s and preserved for all its uniqueness.
It is one of the most recognized Koranic schools in the whole of the Maghreb.